Where There's a Need There's a Lion Orléans Lions Club founded in 1970 , is an active member of the International Association of Lions Clubs. The main purpose of our club is to work towards improving the life of our community in Orléans and to help those in need locally and globally.
The work we do is greatly assisted by our sponsors. We are grateful for their contributions:
* Surgenor National Leasing
* Millenium Flooring
*T Romano Tile & Marble
*Fitness Depot Orleans
*Boston Pizza Orleans
*Dermis Skin Care
At Orléans Lions Club, we are always looking for new members who can make a difference in the lives of people.
Some reasons to become an Orléans Lion:
Help your community and gain valuable skills
Make an impact on people's lives – locally and internationally
Learn to be a leader – and lead a respected organization
Network with business people in your community and around the world
Energize your life and have fun
Possibility to attend zone, district, national and international conventions
Possibility to become Regional, National or International Director
You'll grow personally and professionally. And you'll know that the community volunteer work you perform is worthwhile and appreciated.
ORLÉANS LIONS SUPPORT
* $100 to District A4 convention
* $150 to Altzheimer Society,
* $250 to Canadian Tire Jumpstart
* $300 Cumb. Resource Centre
* $300 to Blind Golfers' Association
* $300 Food Aid (pledge) + to $600 Food Banks
* $400 (pledge) Blind Anglers' Invit. Tourney
* $500 Seniors' Bingos,
* $500 other Lion sponsored events,
* $1,000(= $10,000) Ottawa Eye Institute
* Eye glass collection for Lions Recycle Centre
* Lion Kevin Frost para-athlete,
* Legion Remembrance Day,
* PLUS Guide Dogs Canada, Camp Kirk, Effective
* Speaking, Lions' Memorial Forest,
* RCMP Sunset Ceremonies,
* collection la Guignolée d'Orléans!
and the list keeps growing! et ca continue...